Because Janae and I had some fabulous skymiles (thanks to my horrible job at GT -- having to fly around the country), our neighbor who works for Delta and the Beans who took us in in Seattle, we had a pretty much free trip to plan for. Last year, Janae and I were planning on going to Seattle using my skymiles and then I lost my job. Well, we didn't think it would be very smart to travel when I didn't have a job, because we didn't know what was going to happen at the time. So our neighbor helped us extend our tickets and then they were about to expire -- so we frantically planned a trip in a matter of days. Nothing like flying at the seat of your pants! Thanks to Stef and Roger and Grandma and Grandpa, especially, for watching the kids on such short notice...oops, we might have interfered with Kayla and Brandon's anniversary plans.
The amazing thing is the great friends Janae and I have been blessed with! The Beans and us used to do everything together at BYU. I'm surprised Rick, Anna Marie, Janae and I graduated because we spent so much time playing it is hard to think how any of us got homework and studying done.
In any case, it felt really good to know that we have such good friends and we picked up exactly where we left off. I think that's just how you know who your true friends are in life. We had such a fun time and they made the best tour guides ever!!! Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you Beans! We had so much fun with your adorable family and I came back more determined than ever never to swear again..hee hee.

Their beautiful neighborhood in Snohomish, WA
Gwen and I flying a Boeing 737
Janae and I at Deception Pass on Whidby island or as Janae calls it, "Desperation Pass"
This poor dog, named, "Tennie" (you'll see why later), all he wanted to do was play after Rick summonsed him from the depths of the sea.
We didn't take this picture of the space needle, but we sure saw it, from the top of the Wells Fargo building, thanks to Richard.
On the ferry on the way to Whidby Island
Can you see why we call him Tennie?

Whidby Island in the distance.
The Pike Place fish market, dude on the right got hit upside the head with a huge fish, we all laughed because we thought it was part of the show, until we saw him glaring at us...oopsie, poopsie.
Paine Field, Boeing Museum....Booooooooooring...not worth the money, the company sure is great though!
Is this why Janae calls it Desperation pass??
True friends.

3 comments:
p.s., we did get in a round of the Bean game, yes these are the famous Beans that introduced to the Bean game, they do exist, they do exist :)
What fun to go on vacation and spend time with old friends! We need to plan a night out with you guys, we miss you guys!
I loooove that cute neighborhood. That's it...I'm moving to Seattle! Looks like fun!
Post a Comment