Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day 2010

We have had such a fun weekend! Sadly, since Dale and I have been married, we have always spent Labor Day down at Payson Days with my Grandpa and Grandma, but this year they didn't want to go down. I think they get sad every year because their friends are all dying (their words not mine!) and it also gets busier every year. So we had to find something else to do. Dale's parents were going to ride the Front Runner up, but it wasn't running today, so I got on my favorite freebie site, Freebies2Deals, and found some fun things to do. We got up and went to Red Butte Gardens!


I have always wanted to go there, and when I was getting my bridals done, my photographer was going to take me there, but they started charging, so we didn't. So when I saw it was free, we thought this might be a fun place to explore. It actually was very cold in the morning, so luckily we had jackets. We walked around and saw all sorts of gardens- there was a rose garden, herb gardens, flower gardens, and a Children's Garden. We had a lot of fun there running around on the bridge.

We chased after squirrels and quail, and even saw a bunny! We fed fish in the big pond- the biggest and fattest coy fish I have ever seen! It was a nice hike/walk. Luckily for Dale, and unluckily for Clayson, we didn't see a rattlesnake, which apparently this is where they like to hang out! What a fun morning!
 
By the time we were finished, it was time for a little lunch, so we headed over to Toaster's in Downtown Salt Lake. We had a nice little lunch there. After, we went to Temple Square, walked around a bit, watched the HUGE water fountain, and then took a little tour of the Beehive House. It was really cool. The kids thought it was neat to see the really old stuff, and see how Brigham Young lived. I had been there when I was little, and Dale had never been there. We had a good time learning a little bit about Brigham Young.

 Next we went to Clark Planetarium. We saw the 3-D Under the Sea movie. It was really cool. Ady and Clay were laughing so hard as all of the words were flying toward us. Clay kept standing up and trying to grab the fish, and Bray kept trying to kick them! We loved it. We actually decided to buy a membership. It pays for itself after 3 movies, plus you get free popcorn every time you go! Yippee- that sold Dale right there!

Our day wouldn't have been complete without some ice cream. It had warmed up by then, to 70 degrees, so we walked to Ben and Jerry's and had a little treat. That was a great way to complete our little day trip to Salt Lake!

0 comments: