One of our favorite things to do during the Christmas season is go to Christmas Village. I have been going ever since I was a little girl. We bundle up and head to downtown Ogden and walk around and look at the little houses filled with Christmas scenes. Santa and Mrs. Claus are always there in their little house waiting to talk to the kids.
We had such a good time- we have known them forever, so the kids are basically like cousins. It was a beautiful warm day, and we were able to see almost all of the windows!
I loved our real tree this year!!!! It was monstrously huge, and it made our home feel so ready for Christmas. I loved our decorations this year, too. We decided just to do the one tree this year, and only added our Disneyland ornaments. Usually we add all ornaments from where we travel to, but this year, we didn't. We simplified!
Another extra fun tradition we do, or have done for the past couple of years, is go ice skating with Santa down at the Gallivan's Center with Karen's employment, DELTA. It's always rented out, and then we get dinner. This year the Gallivan Center has been redone and bigger and it was so nice!
The problem: it was so stinkin' cold!!! The wind was blowing like crazy, and the kids were so cold, especially Brayden...he didn't want to be there at all!! He was even madder when we put on his ice skates. He was terrified! He just screamed the whole time he was on the ice. On the way home I was trying to figure out why, and he said, "Because if the ice breaks then I fall in the water and I die!!!" The poor little worry wart- if I would have figured it out earlier... I don't know if it would have made a difference because I tried to reassure him that it wasn't deep water he was on. I felt so bad!
At least we had a big fire and donuts to keep Bray happy...
Clay and Ady did really well ice skating this time. They really got the coordination down this time and had a really great time. I was so proud of them. That's such a scary thing, and they totally did it!
There's our good friend Karen. She may as well be Ady's second mom. When Ady and I have our moments, Karen's there to make it all better!! She's the best!
The kids got ahold of my camera and took pictures of our decor, which I was actually grateful for. Here are our stockings. Sadly, I had never put Bray's name on his stocking, so this year, we got it on there, and now we are complete!
This is a cute little Santa that goes down the chimney as we pull the number bricks out. It's part of our tradition after reading our Christmas story each night (that is wrapped under the tree).
My new favorite ornament- Bray made me this from preschool- he is just so handsome!
Who could forget our Mickey Mouse ferris wheel- we hear this pretty much 24-7 during Christmastime!
0 comments:
Post a Comment