Monday, June 16, 2008

Week in Review


Dale: Being a good sport about the honking long commute he has for work every day. We hardly see him because he leaves early and leaves work late to avoid the traffic. Father's day I hope was relaxing to him. He did major yard work with my dad on Saturday. We also officially are homeowners again, and landlords to boot. We will be moving in at the end of July. Our "tenants" will be moving out then. We also took the kids to Fat Cat's, which is what they are doing on the little merry-go-round.

Janae: I've been updated my education placement file with BYU. It has been a lot of work. I am deciding what I want to do next year. I might be teaching again. We will see. There's a lot of work to do, especially with my adorable children. Teaching is pretty much all or nothing, so it is hard.

We also went in to Grandpa and Grandma's house on Friday. We looked at the new baby birds and played in yard. Then they fixed us hot dogs. I think they had fun. The kids love playing with their little kitchen set in the back yard. Clayson loves to smell Grandma's flowers. Brayden loved the flowers and just walking around with Grandma.


Ady: Played her last soccer game of the season. It was a lot of fun, minus Blonde Ball Hog Girl. (NOTE to Blonde Ball Hog girl: Please make sure in the future that if you really want to steal the ball away from your own team mates, you need to learn how to aim the ball at the goal instead of fifteen feet away from the goal to make it worth it to everyone that you have the need to steal from your own little team!) After the game we went to our friends, the Mickelsen's house to hang for awhile. Ady also sung in sacrament on Sunday. Check out what happened with Clay.


Clayson: Clayson eats it up whenever my brother comes home from college. He just followed Blake everywhere. I think Blake enjoys it- maybe.... I asked him yesterday what his favorite part of the day was and he said, "Playing with Batey..." ie Blakey. So Clayson and Ady went up in sacrament in my parent's ward for the Father's Day song. This was the first week we went to my parent's ward, so they didn't know where to stand. So they chose the front row. This wasn't the typical primary Father's day song. It was "Teach me to Walk in the Light." The ward choir was with them and they had a little talking part with the music. It was pretty professional. The kids get up there and Clayson starts waving- cute. They stand up to sing the song, and he starts jumping up and down and waving. He keeps jumping and his car hops out of his shirt pocket, crashes to the floor. He picks it up and jumps and waves again. Finally Ady grabs him by the head and whispers, I'm assuming something about being reverent, and he gets mad and runs off the stage back to sit with us. I think my temperature rose to 300 degrees! I wanted to die! But it was sure funny!

Brayden: He has learned how to say "No NO" very well. He loves his cousin Bracken, but whenever he sees him, he toddles over to him and pushes him. So we have worked on being nice this week. He loves to play with balls, but doesn't throw or kick them a lot, he just likes to hold them and yell at you when you get near enough to take it from him. He really is funny! He still is my cuddler!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I loved your week in review post, so I made one myself........I still haven't broke the news to Madison, she talks about Ady all the time, but hasn't actually asked if she can play. They will be on A track again, how about Ady??

Jessup Jive said...

Sounds like you guys are so busy and having lots of fun! Good luck teaching next year