Thursday, December 18, 2008

Quarters for Christmas


So Ady's school this week has been raising funds for "Quarters for Christmas." She explains it as, "it's money for kids who don't have shoes." A couple of days ago she went through her piggy bank and brought a dollar and several coins. She put it in a bag, and took it to school. Tonight I asked her to get her jammies on, and then the next thing I knew she was going running downstairs getting a baggie. I asked her what she was doing, and there was about $5. "But it's for 'Quarters for Christmas.'" I told her she had already donated. She said, "But the other kids bring lots of money every day." There were many tears shed, and we explained that you don't have to clear out your piggy bank, but if you give a little that is fine. So she cries some more and then says, "It was Clayson's money anyway." Oh boy!!! Then we got into another lesson on stealing. So I tell you what- we are exhausted at the Jakins' house!

0 comments: