Saturday, January 31, 2009

Our Crazy Day of Coincidences


So we had a crazy day of coincidences. We had to go to Eyemasters in Salt Lake because they don't have one up here, to buy new eyeglasses for Clayson. The ones from Sams Club already got a scratch and they don't have a good warranty and we just want to deal with the whole thing....

So at Eyemasters we got two pair of glasses for $99 plus a 1 year warranty, as opposed to Sams Club's 1 pair for $250 and a 60 day warranty.

We bumped into my uncle who we hadn't seen for 6 years. Then after leaving Eyemasters, we saw the American Idol Goth girl with ESP on 400 S. Janae took a picture of her with her cell phone and I was going to circle around (after already doing so once so Janae could take a picture of her with her cell phone) again to roll down the window and ask her about her audition, but Janae was too embarrassed, so we just drove past her. We'll upload the cell phone picture as soon as Janae knows how to do that.

Then on the freeway on the way home we saw my friend Taylor from work and we rolled down our windows and had a conversation while driving 75 mph on the freeway. I told him to come over to our house for lunch and he followed us home and we had lunch with him and his boys.

Fun day.

4 comments:

Lisa K said...

That's crazy! I've had convos on I15 too, but had to do psuedo sign language because I was driving.

Anonymous said...

do you guys watch American idol? I dont watch it but one of my friends from high school went on it the other day and I think like made it through to the next round or something...

Mindy said...

hahah that is so funny!!!That girl is so crazy! I can't wait to see the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Yes my daughter got me into American Idol this season. I was so embarassed that the goth girl was from Utah. But also there was some great talent in Utah. My neighbor's son (David Osmond) was on. I wish they would have shown his group performance where he did not make it to the next round. He is so good, but I guess they must not have liked his "Old Style" like one of them put it in his initial try-out.

Vicki