



This is the Katana, the type of plane I learned how to fly in.
For those of you that know me well, you know that I'm a pilot. I'm obsessed with aviation and if I had the money, I would be flying a lot more often. One of my biggest regrets in life is that I chickened out of joining the Airforce right out of high school. I got in but then got cold feet and got out...oh well.
In any case, we finally made it to an Airshow!!!!! and it was AWESOOOOOOME! We got up so early on Saturday morning and went with our favorite neighbors. We got on the UTA at the Clearfield Frontrunner station which dropped you off right on base at the gate to the tarmac, which is why we were front and center to the show! I was holding Brocky, who is the happiest child I have ever met. As I was getting on the bus the entire bus was smiling at me!! Finally a guy towards the end of the bus stopped me and said, "sir, I just want to tell you your little boy is sooo adorable, he's just smiling so big at everyone". Of course I felt so proud and happy but then immediately felt so guilty that I was holding Brock and Scott and Karen weren't. He is ALWAYS smiling!
The airshow coincided with the 65th anniversary of the D-Day invasion which ulitmately led to the German defeat in WWII. As a symbolic rememberance, for the opening ceremonies, some jumpers parachuted down with the Flag for the National Anthem. It was so amazing. Phew, good thing I was wearing my sunglasses so noone could see me bawling.
The stunt planes were awesome, but nothing could match the F-16s especially going from 5000-15000 feet in 3 seconds. The F-16 Thunderbirds were so amazing! We see F-16s everday, so it's a wonder why we went with 400,000 people to see something we see so often, but it was still fun. We got to tour the C-5 and go in the cockpit as well as the KC-130's. I absolutely love our military, they're so cool.
In any case, we finally made it to an Airshow!!!!! and it was AWESOOOOOOME! We got up so early on Saturday morning and went with our favorite neighbors. We got on the UTA at the Clearfield Frontrunner station which dropped you off right on base at the gate to the tarmac, which is why we were front and center to the show! I was holding Brocky, who is the happiest child I have ever met. As I was getting on the bus the entire bus was smiling at me!! Finally a guy towards the end of the bus stopped me and said, "sir, I just want to tell you your little boy is sooo adorable, he's just smiling so big at everyone". Of course I felt so proud and happy but then immediately felt so guilty that I was holding Brock and Scott and Karen weren't. He is ALWAYS smiling!
The airshow coincided with the 65th anniversary of the D-Day invasion which ulitmately led to the German defeat in WWII. As a symbolic rememberance, for the opening ceremonies, some jumpers parachuted down with the Flag for the National Anthem. It was so amazing. Phew, good thing I was wearing my sunglasses so noone could see me bawling.
The stunt planes were awesome, but nothing could match the F-16s especially going from 5000-15000 feet in 3 seconds. The F-16 Thunderbirds were so amazing! We see F-16s everday, so it's a wonder why we went with 400,000 people to see something we see so often, but it was still fun. We got to tour the C-5 and go in the cockpit as well as the KC-130's. I absolutely love our military, they're so cool.










5 comments:
What a neat experience! That's definitely on my list of things to do one day.
I had no idea you were a pilot! That's so cool! I, too, love the Air Show. I wanted to go this year, but we just never got the chance with everything going on. Maybe next year!
By the way, there's no shame in crying! I do every time! LOL Having grown up as a 'military brat' myself, I have a very deep love and admiration for the military! I get choked up and cry EVERY TIME I hear or see anything patriotic. It always makes me think of my Dad with pride and miss him!
What a nice post. My kids went once with my parents and loved it!
I seriously had ZERO idea that you are a pilot. Seriously?! Holding out on us like that?! :) Hey, we are coming your way soon and want to come and stay with you. I will call you guys this week!
G&J!!!! We're so excited to see you guys!! When are you coming out? That's awesome. Shhhh...Don't tell Ryan and Darcy, we want you guys all to ourselves.
Post a Comment