Monday, June 8, 2009

SOOOO Behind....

We haven't blogged forever! Life has been completely and utterly crazy right now! Most importantly, Dale got a job! He's been there about 3 weeks right now. It was kind of crazy. He had a phone interview on a Wednesday, an in-person interview Thursday, and another one on Friday. He then got home and ran to Domino's. I get a phone call at 6:30, and he says, in a sad voice, "I heard from WJ Bradley...." and for some reason, I just couldn't believe the sad voice. "I got the job!!!" We both cried and I was just so grateful. It honestly felt like I had been pushed under water and I could actually come up and breath! That pressure I didn't even realize the extent to which we were feeling was being relieved! It honestly felt too good to be true!

Since we moved into our house last year, we have been telling the kids we could get a swing set. We looked last Fall, but they were out, so we were waiting until Spring.

So that had been the coined phrase around the house, "When dad gets a job.... we'll get a swingset."
So I took the kids to Toys-R-Us that night and found a swing set- the kids were adorable!
We were even able to fit it into the van over the seats! The next morning we put it together!!!

11 comments:

Damaris said...

Congratulations Dale! I'm so happy for you guys. And I love the swing set.

Marisa said...

The kids look like they are having a great time! Hooray for Dale getting a job!!

Bree said...

Congrats to your hubby on the new job! :) And to the kids on their swing set! lol They looked like they were having a blast! :)

Bree said...

Congrats to your hubby on the new job! :) And to the kids on their swing set! lol They looked like they were having a blast! :)

Salina said...

Congrats on the new job! So glad that that too has passed! The kids sure look like they are having a blast on the swing set! Woo-hoo!

Joni said...

Congrats! We are SO happy for you guys!!! Love the swingset, your kids deserve it after going through that hard time. Miss you guys!

Anderson Family said...

I love that you got the swing set that night! Thats why you all are such fun parents. Congrats on the new job, Dale!

Jocelyn Kay said...

I am so happy you have updated your blog with wonderful news too :). My how the tables have turned on our blogging. I have been a faithful updater and you have been slacking. Pick it up Janae :) We are excited to see you Wednesday...Thanks again for watching Rylee for us :)

Bailey Family said...

That is so wonderful! I am so happy for you guys. You are such a wonderful family and an example to many, I am so glad that you are enjoying those blessings that you have been deserving!

Katie said...

Yes!! I hope you're loving it Dale!

Matt & Darla said...

Congratulations on Dale's new job! That's so great! I'm so excited for you guys!