We went with our friends the Gomez's to the Hale Center Theater to see A Christmas Carol. Rumor had it that the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints would be there. Sure enough, when we walked in for the dinner banquet, there was President Henry B. Eyring with his sweet wife having dinner. We sat at the table right next to them. We all wanted to meet him, so we waited until he was done with dinner and then stood up when he and his wife did to shake his hand. His bodyguards brisked he and his wife quickly out of the banquet hall. We were sad. When we were in the theater, although none of us said it, and come to find out afterwards, we all were scanning the theater to see if we could see where President Eyring was sitting. Wouldn't you believe it, but our dear friend Melanee turned around and said, "hey guys, there's his bodyguard". We all turned around at the same time and sure enough, there was President Eyring sitting right behind us!! We all had the wonderful honor to shake his hand. I told him thanks for his talk in the Priesthood Session of the last conference and that it was awesome to hear that an Apostle felt inadequate, it made me feel better about my calling. Mel said she felt the spirit strongly. I felt the Holy Spirit strongly too and it made for a very special Christmas and the meaning of the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ, his life, the miracles he worked and his atonement for mankind was quickened to my mind and I felt like I had a deeper appreciation and understanding of the gospel, especially knowing that I was sitting right in front of someone that leads 12 million faithful members worldwide and communes with the Lord. It was just awesome! Thank-you to President Eyring for being so kind and for being so humble. It was a remarkable experience. http://www.lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,49-1-775-21,00.html
A Trip to the Zoo
1 day ago
2 comments:
I must admit this beats the heck out of Disneyland with the Eyrings
LOL!!! I see you have a countdown, are you going with the Bizarro Jakins next year?
Post a Comment