Friday, December 7, 2007

Where Do Hot Dogs Come From?

This has been our conversation at lunch today. First, Ady was telling me about her chicken nugget she was eating. As a joke, she said, "I'm eating chicken, but I don't know where it's legs and tail are!" Then Clay was eating a corn dog (I know! Really healthy to both!) and she said, "I know he's eating a dog, but where does it come from?" Sad to think she thought she was eating a dog. Really, I wonder why we call it that anyway! So I told her it was made out of pig. She thought for moment and then said, "Oh, so they shoot the pig and kill it and then make it into a hot dog?" "Basically..." I told her, worried that this wasn't the best subject to be talking about. Then she said, "Oh, I love pig! It's my favorite!"

1 comments:

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

At least she isn't asking what part of the pig goes into the hotdog, or making any assumptions! Have you told her that her hamburger used to be a cow?