Dale had a trip to California for a whole week at the beginning of the month. We were SKYPING him one night so the kids could see him. He was still at work. The kids were all on my bed trying to talk at the same time, and the next thing I knew, Brayden kicked Clayson in the face, Clay looked up and said, "Brayden, you knocked out my tooth!" He had totally knocked out his front tooth!!! We were all laughing so hard, and then Clayson said, "Now my other one is loose, too!" Oh boy! The funniest part was all of Dale's coworkers were right there, too, and they got to see what life is like in our home. It was so funny!
The next morning while Clay was brushing his teeth, his other tooth came right out, too. Holy Smokes!! Needless to say, the tooth fairy was quite busy at our house!
What a cutie!
When my kids turn 5, they get their first friend birthday party. Brayden has wanted a pirate party ever since we went to Disneyland for his last birthday. We PINTERESTed lots of ideas, and went to ZURCHER's to find some fun stuff. We found this "Pin the Flag to the X." The boys loved it.
I made this cupcake liners, which are "water."
These are the masts for the top of the cupcakes.
And the cupcakes...
We have our wheel, our anchor, and cannonballs hanging from the ceiling.
And no pirate party is complete without Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Barbosa.
We had treasure on our table.
Including our eye patch, and our pirate hat and some other garb.
I was very excited about the completed cupcakes. They are little pirate ships!
I had pirate pictures to color while we waited for everyone to get there.
We brought up the pirate ship to play with while we waited, too.
We had brooms to swab the deck. This is Davis and Cooper, Bray's friends from his preschool class (Cooper is his brother.)
We had a plank. I wondered how well this would go over- this was a favorite for sure.
These are the pirates! We had Jacob, Bracken, Cole, Bray, Dallin, Davis, Cooper, and Conner!
Funny little eye covers for the "pin the flag" game.
We popped cannon balls (balloons) by jumping on them and they got candy out of the balloon. It was hilarious!
I made swords for all of the little pirates. And here is the plank. It was so cute.
Then I read them the story about "How I Became a Pirate" by Davis Shannon. Perfect intro to our treasure hunt!
Treasure is found!
Present time!
Brayden's birthday was that Sunday. He was so excited to open his present!
A new bike!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment