Sunday, April 1, 2012

March came in like a Lion...

I love St. Patrick's Day. I always try to do something fun for the kids. This year we had the Connell kids, too. The night of March 16th, we had a movie night and I made this rainbow cake. It turned out so good! I was very impressed with myself! The leprechaun visited in the night, very late I may add, because the kids would not go to sleep until 1:30! He left Lucky Charms, toilet that turned green, and a mess of string everywhere! That naughty leprechaun!
I love Spring so much. After our monster snow storm at the beginning of the month, and a couple here and there, it was quite a warm month. Last fall Blake brought home tons of bulbs from the church grounds where he works. I planted them all, and now I've been patiently watching to see what in the world I planted. This is our first flower of Spring!

Dale surprised me this month with Kelly Clarkson tickets. She has been one of my favorite for a very very long time. Years ago she came for 4th of July and we went up to University of Utah to see her. This time it was at the Maverick Center. We drove down to Sandy to meet him, and his parents brought the kids back up here where they slept over. Dale and I headed to the Maverick Center, and first had dinner at TGI Fridays, where they were SO SLOW!!! It was pretty good, nothing too fancy, but just okay. We realized we only had $4 cash, and $2 in change. We were hoping that parking was only $6. When we go to Grizzlies games that is how much it is. When we got there it was $10! So we asked the guy if we could go in and get some change since when we come for Grizzly games it's only $6. He said, "Six?! Really? How many have you been to?" I told him around four games, and he said, "I'll take six!" I couldn't believe it! We thanked him so much and drove in and parked. What a nice guy- it made my night!
We had some pretty good seats- we were right on the edge, which made it nice for taking pictures. Matt Nathanson opened for her, and I kinda knew who he was, but after he was finished, I decided I loved him. He did such a fun show, and his music is a lot of fun. 




 After he got us all pumped up, and we waited for awhile, Kelly came out. She is so amazing! Her voice is so strong, and sounds just like her recordings. It's just REAL. She sang a lot of her new stuff, as well as her old stuff, as well as other songs.
 At one point she ended up in the middle of the audience on the floor and was singing, "Heavy," a Rage Against the Machine" song. It was so awesome. 

But the favorite was when she sang "Stronger" and "My Life would Suck without You." We had such a good time and even though Dale said it was for me, it really was for us. What a fun night!

We have had a lot of windy weather this month, and we took advantage of it one weekend and flew our kites at the park. Clayson's Spiderman kite got stuck in a tree, and he was so mad, and Brayden was mad he had to fly his Lightning McQueen kite, but other than that, all kids were happy and they all three got their kites off the ground!


The kids were in a play this year at Sand Springs, "Cinderella Kids." They had to try out singing a song, and then they got parts. Ady got the part of Village Ensemble. Clayson got the part of a brown mouse. Ady and her two friends in the ward were also the same part, and so it was nice to have friends to carpool with, since they have been staying after school almost every day since January. These are her friends Savannah and Bridgett. They look so grown up!
The play was at Davis High School, which made it nice to have soft seats and a bigger area so we could see what was going on up on the stage. Dale's parents and my parents both came. The first scene the Village Ensemble came out and there was Ady! If you look carefully, she is the second one back. Dale and both of our parents kept saying, "Where's Ady?" I pointed her out, and it took them a minute to realize it was her! My mom said she looked like a 12 year old! She did such a good job at singing, "Cinderella, Cinderella, it's the tale of Cinderella..."

 Then she went off and the mice scurried out next. Clayson was so adorable. They sang, "We can do, we can do it. We can help our Cinderelly..." He's so funny because he sings sometimes, but Ady always tells me she catches him not singing. But he acted surprised when he was suppose to and did the dance moves. It was so cute!



Bad mom forgot to bring a change of battery, and only had my cell phone camera, which doesn't have a flash, so these are the best we got of the kids after the play. They were so excited, and we were all SO PROUD!

 They went backstage and returned their costumes, and came out and had the grandparents sign their shirts. What a fine bunch of kids we have. Afterwards, we went to Coldstone and celebrated!

0 comments: