I got to see Stephenie Meyer! I was pretty fun. For those of you who just don't know who she is, does TWILIGHT ring a bell?! She was doing a book tour of THE HOST and stopped in Salt Lake yesterday. You had to buy tickets 3 months ago, and they were sold out. The book is written for teens from 13-17.
There was probably 1500 people yesterday and about 90% of them were moms; 8% teenage girls, and 2% men! Weird?! I thought so too, but it was worth it. She was very sweet. She talks really fast and was excited to talk about her book THE HOST. I am just starting it. We were there for about 4 hours. The first 2 we waited to get our books signed, she talked for about 15 minutes, answering questions, and then again, waited to get our books signed. We were given groups when we bought our tickets. We were group 26. No worries, there was a total of 40 groups. So by the time we left at 3:15, I don't even know how much longer the others waited!
It was fun, though. And the greatest realization was that I am so not as crazy as other moms. For those of you that care, there is a twilightmoms.com website and the moms that have joined had shirts on and were crazy! They are renting out Jordon Commons when the movie comes out and putting together treats bags for the moms that want to go. You can pay them through their website- it's $21! So anyone feeling better that they are not that obsessed?! I will still love you if you are!
3 comments:
WOW! It looks like it was so fun! Good for you, I'm glad you're obsessed with the books, it makes me realize that I need to read more books.
That is very cool! You will have to let me know how the book is.
I heard the HOST book was dumb. Also, I still haven't read the last book, but having not done that I must say that Jacob is still my favorite character.
and the movie looks good to me, but of course I'm not in love with Edward either, and I think that Bella is a whiner.
Post a Comment